Setting up the Center of Excellence for initial and continuous training on professional stress management and duty weapons using tactics, based on transfer of innovation from partner countries (Project BIA)
Project nr. LLP-LdV/TOI/2010/RO/005
Budget: 419.884 euro, of which € 300,000 grant under the Lifelong Learning Programme – Leonardo Da Vinci
Type of project: Transfer of innovation
The project aims:
Increasing the safety level of the community in the context of Police operational staff actions/missions carried out in the field and increasing the safety degree of the Romanian police operational staff during their missions performed in/out of a tactical environment, by generating/developing a operational and training framework regarding professional stress management and duty weapons using tactics.
- Performing a research with the aim of designing, for the benefit of Romanian Police operational staff, a new model of professional stress management and duty weapons using tactics within professional context, based on transfer of innovation from partner countries.
- Setting up the Excellence Center for initial and continuous training on professional stress management and duty weapons using tactics and related training system (modern, effective, efficient), based on transfer of innovation, experience and good practices from partner countries.
- The development of the research with the aim of establishing the Model of professional stress management and shooting tactics within Romanian Police.
- The development of the operational framework regarding professional stress management and shooting tactics, based on the experience and good practices of the partner countries, framework which represents the base of Centre of Excellence
- Trainings, for the 20 teachers/trainers and 160 police constables, in the Center of Excellence which aims to train Romanian police constables to cope with activities that involve intense professional stress and the use of the duty weapons.
- Field exercises with a shooting simulator for the 20 teachers / instructors and 80 police officers previously formed.
- The development of an anti-stress guide based on the documents and the results obtained during the project. The guide will contain measures for preventing psychological disorders, to deliver psychological support and to provide psychological recovery for the Romanian police staff who copes with activities that involve intense professional stress and the use of the duty weapons.
- A new model of professional stress management and shooting tactics within Romanian Police
- A methodology on identifying, monitoring and managing the professional stress risks and vulnerabilities
- The manual regarding the training of the Romanian Police staff in the field of shooting tactics
- The curriculum of the training in stress management and shooting tactics
- An anti-stress guide
- Training modules
- 20 teachers trained in stress management and shooting tactics
- 160 police constables trained in stress management and shooting tactics
- The web-site of the project
Short term: Romanian police constables and teachers from all Romanian Police schools. Students will be a part of the end users as after the ending of BIA all the educational materials will be applied in the Police Schools of Romania.
Long term: police officers and students from police schools of partner countries as after the ending of BIA project all the educational materials resulted may be applied in their institutions. Also, the project BIA results may be used by the Public Order Department of MAI.
The Centre of Excellence, located within the premises of the Police Constables School „Septimiu Muresan” Cluj-Napoca, is the first training institution which will provide specialized training on stress management and use of weapons, for each police unit of Romanian Police and also for the personnel of other structures within MAI.